My Personal Anthem

Was just thinking...


Different countries have certain national symbols which remind them of the core values that they believe in for eg, a flag, a coat of arms and a national anthem. I think if an individual had a personal anthem to motivate him/her towards the goal of his/her life, life would be lot more meaningful.

A national anthem generally reflects the culture, strategic thought and aspirations of a nation. An individual would need an anthem reflecting his/her character, principles and goals. I have thus created an anthem for myself.

This song is called ‘The Hope.’ it centers on freedom, prosperity, confidence and my love for Goa.




As long as the divine light

In my eyes still shines

And my mind

Blossoms with dreams

As long as I possess

A cunning brain

And an able hand

My hope will never end

To be a free man

In the land of sea and sand



By the power of my will

May my mind be graced by peace

And my palace by prosperity

May my heart be filled with loyalty

To my homeland


(c) Jay Joshi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to dad

Travelling in a bus

The battle over 300