One day with nature

Nature. For someone like me, who has been born and brought up in a city, the word means chaos, uncertainty, and a mixture of beauty and danger. What would I do if left in the midst of nature without any tech gadgets,you ask? Well, as seen on TV,  I would first find flint stones and make fire, and then look for food. Then, I would attempt to find and befriend a wolf pack and use it to take over the civilised world! But since that is difficult to do in just one day, let us look at other options.

Assuming I have found a cave, made good fire, and got the food part sorted, what should I do next? Since there is plenty to eat and drink, my first task would be to take a rock and draw and write something on the walls of the cave so that anyone who comes there knows I was here. I would probably fill the wall with fantastic stories about I was a great leader of mankind so that when archaeologists stumble upon the cave many centuries later, they will think I was really great and the children of the future will study my exploits in their history textbooks.

The thought of taking a machete and exploring the forest also seems really interesting.Here, I have another awesome idea. One of my friends had once gone fishing in a river and brought the fish home as he could not bear to see it die. He put the fish in his fish tank at night only to discover the next morning that the river fish had eaten all his tank fish. So, I would like to collect some river fish which I will then drop into people’s fish tanks.

This done, there is no better way to spend time building a hammock and lazing around in it till nightfall. After that, I will simply go and wait by the fire for the jeep or helicopter that would collect me from the forest, because the deal is that I spend only one day in this place. It is beautiful, but I can only do this much. If they do not send the helicopter and jeep as promised, I am going out to look for the wolves.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to dad

The battle over 300

Travelling in a bus